Moving out of your house? Feeling extremely stressed with the removal to arrange a deep move out cleaning procedure? Hold on for a while. It’s actually essential to do that purge especially if you want to get your tenancy deposit back. But, on the other side, there’s no need it to be as tough as you think it will be…
The key to the successful move out cleaning is to understand it
Some of you might thing move out cleaning is just an ordinary purge people do of goodwill once the removal ends. However, things work differently with the end of tenancy cleaning. As a matter of fact, there are two things that distinguish the ordinary domestic cleaning procedure with the move out cleaning.
First of all, the move out cleaning is your duty as a tenant. If you have attentively read your lease contract, you must have seen a cleaning clause. According to this clause, you are obliged to put the property back into its proper condition once the lease contract ends or when you decide to leave.
Second of all, the move out cleaning is more thorough cleaning. If in your everyday life tidying up, vacuuming the floor and dusting is everything you do, before the removal you should work harder. You need to have a deeper cleaning, including to remove the stains, move the furniture and wipe under, check out for cobwebs, etc.
What can happen if you forget or fail in proper move out cleaning? You will not just experience a bad conversation with your landlord. You will also lose your tenancy deposit back. Remember the day you moved in the property? It’s the day you might have given a certain amount of money to your landlord as guarantee you will keep the property impact, and you will give it back in presentable condition. So, if you don’t clean, you don’t get your money back. That’s the reason why all professional cleaning companies provide a 48-hour guarantee for move out cleaning services. They help as much as possible their customers to receive their money back by giving time for the inspection check to end. However, there are a few companies like TSV Cleaning that is even more helpful. TSV Cleaning Company offers you not 48, but 72 hours to wait for your landlord to approve the move out cleaning service and give your tenancy deposit back. In case of any omission, we come back to the property and redo the procedure for free.
And one more last question that will help you understand what move out cleaning is: are landlord obliged to perform the move out cleaning? Well, of course, they are. It’s not precisely an obligation but a trading technique to attract customers. The thing is that properties that look dirty and messy just will not find their new tenants. So if your tenants have forgotten to perform the move out cleaning, it’s your duty to do that task.
How to easily deal with the move out cleaning?
With the good organisation you can deal with the move out cleaning efficiently. For this purpose, we strongly recommend you to have a cleaning checklist to follow. In addition to the tasks you should on the mandatory list in the move out cleaning program, don’t forget to have a shopping checklist as deep purges require heavy-duty cleaning equipment.
Move out cleaning shopping checklist:
- High-performance vacuum cleaner
- Microfiber Cloths
- Glass cloths or specially tailored tool for glass and mirror cleaning
- Mop, basket and paper roll
- All-purpose cleansing product
- Stain removal products
- Good cleaning tools for floor depending on the material
- Polishing products for furniture or wooden items
- Dustpan and brushes
- De-scaling and de-liming cleansing solutions
Move out cleaning checklist:
- Start with packing your baggage to empty the rooms and have more space for cleaning
- Always clean from top to bottom
- Dusting and vacuuming should be performed in any room
- Do not clean the furniture only from the outside, but also from the inside
- Move out cleaning is a detailed deep cleaning and you should pay attention to each detail including door frames, handles, light switches, etc
- In extra soiled premises begin with stain removal
- Kitchen and all electric appliances should be all cleaned, too
- Window cleaning includes wiping the rails and seals, too
- If the carpets are filthy, soak or prepare some pre-treatment solutions of homemade cleaning items (like baking soda, lemon juice and white vinegar)
- Every room should be cleaned, including the lobby, the bathroom and the attic
End of Tenancy Cleaning Prices
|One Bedroom||£129 From £139|
|Two Bedroom /One Bathroom||£149 From £159|
|Three Bedroom / One Bathroom||£169 From £179|
|Three Bedroom/ Two bathrooms||£189 From £209|
|Four Bedroom /One Bathroom||£229 From £249|
Kitchen move out cleaning or where the inventory check usually ends with failure
In 85% of the cases, the inventory check ended with no success for the tenant due to omissions in the kitchen move out cleaning. This is why we strongly recommend you to invest most of your time for cleaning in this specific premise. Here’s what to focus on:
- Clean all cupboards, drawers from the inside and the outside
- Pay attention at the sink – clean, de-scale, disinfect the tiles around
- Check out for greasy stains and old burnt areas
- If necessary, disassemble the electric appliances, soak the removable parts and polish the whole device in the end
- Remove the grime, mildew and food leftovers from the dishwasher, fridge and the microwave
- You might need some helpers for the oven as this is a truly tough cleaning task (that’s why so many professional cleaning companies, including TSV Cleaning, offer a specially tailored oven cleaning service): get rid of the grease, clean behind the oven, wipe the hob, pan, racks and the top surface
- Clean the floor, including the carpet and wash the walls, if necessary
Don’t forget the bathroom as a part of the top-to-bottom move out cleaning
If kitchen inventory check fails due to the toughness in the cleaning here, bathroom check ends fast as every 4 in 8 tenants forget to clean the room at all. However, bathrooms and toilets are mandatory parts in any thorough move out cleaning. Here is what you have to do:
- Clean taps and fittings, remove all lime scale and wipe
- Clean soap dispenser
- Wipe and dust the radiator and towel rail
- Check for hair around the drainage
- Remove all limescale from the shower or the shower cabin
- Clean tiles with dry cloth or paper
- Clean and dust the glass items and the mirrors
- Clean the toothbrush glass
- Clean pipe work and plumbing behind the WC if accessible
- De-lime and de-scale the floor tiles
- Wash the bathroom curtains, if necessary
- Disinfect the toilet, including the toilet seat
Special tips on faster move out cleaning
Last, but not least, let us give you a couple of clever tips for faster and efficient move out cleaning. Keep in mind that they are universal and will suit any individual case:
- On mandatory, have people around you to help you out. Whether it’s a 1-bedroom or 3-floor house you move out, the cleaning job is a lot, and you need assistance.
- Kids and your better half are not excused of the duty
- Try to use as green and eco-friendly cleaning solutions as possible. The next tenants might be allergic to chemical products.
- If you have stubborn stains to deal with or highly soiled upholstery, try to rent some heavy-duty cleaning machinery
- There are rooms you should appoint whole days for cleaning. For example, you can clean three bedrooms in a day, but you will need that whole day for the kitchen only. Meanwhile, there are domestic items that are even tougher to clean: sometimes, oven cleaning takes a whole day, too.
- If you urgently need your tenancy deposit back, don’t underestimate the essence of move out cleaning. Be attentive and diligent in your sanitising job.
Here’s why in short professional move out cleaning is the better option for you
Now, when you know how significant move out cleaning is and see how it distinguishes by your ordinary housekeeping cleaning job, you understand there’s a lot of work to do. You need time, money and efforts to invest, which is why considering the alternative of professional move out cleaning is a must. If you rely on TSV cleaning company you will receive all of these benefits to dealing with the purge on your own:
- You don’t have to buy completely anything. We bring the entire cleaning equipment, so you’ll save some money.
- We bring not just tools, but modern machinery you cannot find in any store. Some of these cleaning devices are the only chances for a highly soiled carpet or big stain on the upholstery
- You will get your tenancy deposit back because we have 72-hour guarantee
- We know the standards in a general inventory check, so your landlord will be pleased by the job. There’s no risk in a professional move out cleaning
- You will have the time to arrange your removal and reduce the stress
- The property gets thorough cleaning by a reputable company rated with 4/5 in the web
- We are flexible, and we can do the moving out cleaning the weekends, too.
- We are prepared to meet even the shortest deadlines
If you don’t have a plan or free time, moving out cleaning can be comfortable with professional assistance. Don’t underestimate this option as the investment is indeed worth it.